Dr. Nevena Zubcevik of the Harvard Medical School dispels some long held, over published myths about Lyme disease

Dispelling myths …

“Dr. Nevena Zubcevik of the Harvard Medical School, and co-director of the Dean Center for Tick-Borne Illnesses, warned that the medical community is not keeping up with current findings. For example, “The conception that the tick has to be attached for 48 hours is completely outdated,” she said, citing studies that show ticks can transmit disease in as little as 10 minutes.”

“She also stated that the two-day course of doxycycline currently prescribed when an embedded tick is discovered is worthless, saying “It should be a 20-day thing […] regardless of time of [tick] engorgement.” Equally surprising is the fact that only 20 percent of Lyme cases show the classic “bull’s-eye rash,” or erythema migrans. In the past it was believed that the majority of Lyme cases exhibited this outward-spreading rash.”

Read full article

1. Michael Stewart PT on said:

Dr Zubcevik, my wife has been diagnosed with lymes disease and is displaying as rapidly advancing dementia. According to some standards, she is already in moderate stage of dementia in less than 1 year. At this rate of decline, we don’t have much time. Will you send me a suggested plan of care to share with our Dr. I am a PT and can handle this part.

• James York on said:

Get your Mother on a pulsed regime of antibiotics. She needs a strong dose for a long period of time to clear that up. Likely IV late stages. Most Alzheimer, ALS & Dementia type brain biopsies often show signs of Lyme disease. It is more prevalent than most people realize, as I’m sure you know. She needs to go to a Lyme specialist. Watch the documentary, “Under Our Skin” and you will see many well recognized MDs in the biz. I chose Dr. Jensek, who now has a practice in DC, as I was relatively close. He sees patients from all over the World.
      I am so much better after several years of Jemsek therapies.
      Whatever you do, seek immediate treatment when affecting the Brain. It’s bad enough I post my legs, since regained most of the function. My Sister has brain involvement and it is not good. She waited too long for treatment.

Be well

2. James York on said:

Sorry, that should have said your Wife, not your Mother. That’s even more concerning knowing she is much younger.
    If Insurance becomes an issue than take a look at Stevia whole leaf extract, only from Nutramedix. It can kill all form of Lyme- spirochette, round dormant and biofilm form. There are a lot of Chinese Herbal medicines you can supplement with that type of protocol. I can’t recall the name of the Doc who came up with Scientific results on Stevie. Very compelling!

3. Robert Couturier on said:

Why is nowhere any mention of the use of some fast acting killer to be applied to the embedded tick? This may help in the easier removal of the embedded head.

4. Jeff on said:

4 year old boy with 1/2 bullseye behind ear and a high fever for 2 days getting treated with antibiotic Keflex. Should he be on doxycycline?

• Ugne Jellison on said:

Would love to hear the response to question above. My 3,5yr old developed bulls eyes behind the ear no fevers or other symptoms and was treated with augmentin. Also wondering if we should do doxy?